Collating Mark

The collating mark is the name given in book printing to a short line which is printed in a staggered position in the gutter between the first and last page of each sheet. Once the sheets have been folded and collated, the lines appear on the spine of the book block, enabling the sequence of the individual sheets to be checked based on the position of these lines.

Comments are closed.